readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

Seven Years to Sin

Seven Years to Sin - Sylvia Day **Originally Posted @ Sinful Reads - Rating 4.5 of 5 **

Review: I am not sure why it took me so long to read anything written by Sylvia Day. I am trying to decipher the reason I never picked up a book written by her but now that I did I am quite pleased. Sever Years To Sin is such a refreshing story. It is historical romance / erotica to its best. It is so interesting to read a book that brings out the fault of a society that was so proper yet so sinful.

Seven Years To Sin describes so vividly the lives of women and their desires under a society that discriminates the need of the flesh and find it as sinful as a woman showing affection in public. This story shows us that love has no barriers and knows no time when is real. The story flows nicely and as it develops one is transported to that time when women wore beautiful gowns and men dressed to impress.

This story is a second chance to love and a sexual awakening for Alistair and Jessica. The story is emotional, filled with undeniably sinful characters and willful women. I enjoyed every part of the relationships & friendships developed throughout the story.

The author did a superb job describing the characters emotions, their desires and needs. Their development helped me liked them even more. Alistair Caulfield is the youngest of four brothers, he has felt as an outsider since he was quite young, his life wasn’t simple or easy. Alistair has been infatuated with Jessica since the day he first saw her. I enjoyed how Alistair character was rough on the edges, but he was also kind, sexy, intelligent and quite sexual. Jessica however, is sweet, calm, prim and proper. All that changed the day she saw him in that cabin in the woods, she saw his strength, his desire and the roughness in which he was taking that woman…she wasn’t able to forget about it. Jessica has a wild side, one she didn’t know existed but that thrills her. She discovers a very sexual side of her that was dormant and one she can’t help but explore while submitting to the bliss of pleasure, the pleasure only Alistair was able to give her. He knew her mind, her body and her soul.

Michael & Hester are also wonderful in their own right, I wish there was more about them. They give the story the necessary balance to make this read a Historical Romance and not a Historical Erotica. I would’ve loved to see how their relationship develops, though we get a glimpse to what he was doing to captivate Hester’s heart.

There are a lot of positive things about this story, I enjoyed the steamy sex and the dirty talk. Alistair is the best example of an alpha male who will stop at nothing until he gets what he considers his. Seven years To Sin is emotional, engrossing and quite entertaining. It has fair amount of sex & dirty talk. There is also love, understanding & friendship. If you love Historical Romance/Erotica this is a book for you.