readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

Hot Ticket

Hot Ticket - Olivia Cunning ** Originally posted @ SinfulReads Blog - Rating 4.5 of 5

REVIEW: When I came across Hot Ticket on NetGalley I jumped because I was eager to read Cunning’s next Sinners on Tour book. The first book I read by her left me gasping and almost hyperventilating. Hot Ticket did not disappoint. This hot, dark & deep love story, got me so hot I thought I would combust.

Hot Ticket is Jace’s story, the broken and mysterious band member who hasn’t yet found his place in the band. He carries within dark secrets, scars and pain that can rip a person’s heart apart. For years Jace has felt the pain, carrying it with him and making sure he suffered for his sins. The only time when his pain is tamed is when he is taking more pain. Jace’s darkest need comes alive when he meets Aggie. Aggie is an exotic dancer and a Mistress who can bring the biggest & toughest men to their knees. When Jace and Aggie meet, he is enthralled by her, her dance as well as her whip. She stirred in him more than desired, It brought out his need for pain.

Aggie or Mistress V, doesn’t know what to think about Jace when she fist laid eyes on him. While other men are afraid of her whip, Jace seem defiant and eager. She knows he isn’t like any other man, behind his brown eyes there is something Aggie can’t easily identified. When Jace meets Mistress V, he knows she is the one who will help him find release, his pain can only be tamed with more pain. He is ready, he is eager and through the pain he discovers pleasure, understanding and love. The line between pain and pleasure is explore in ways Jace never thought possible, Mistress V shows him pain, and through it, he find the release and pleasure he also craves.

What I find so great about this story is how real the characters feelings felt, their agony, their internal demons and desires. The sex, the adversities, the friendship and the love, it made this book one of the best erotica I read this month. I have become a big fan of Olivia Cunning, her stories and characters come alive, she gives the readers the opportunity to dream and fantasize about living in a world of Rock n Roll and hot sex. The sex scenes in this book are detailed, they are intense, erotic and tastefully done. One can almost experience every touch, every kiss and every lick, the eroticism behind some of the scenes are explosive. Aggie and Jace don’t hold back, their aren’t afraid of experiencing the need for one another. The chemistry between Aggie and Jace is explosive, the sex scenes are scorching and steamy. The readers can expect an explosive, erotic and sensual surprise between Jace, Aggie and another band member.

It is quite interesting to see how the other characters come to play important part in the story, from Brian to Eric they all play roles that define the main character. They are what you expect a rock band to be, united, supportive and critical. I loved Eric’s attitude. I can’t wait to read his story.

Overall, I loved Hot Ticket, I enjoyed learning about Jace, his pains and his sadness and kinks. I enjoyed Aggie the most, her tough attitude and personality was exactly what Jace needed. She was able to balanced out pain, passion and understanding. She did it enough until she was able to bring out the Jace she came to love, the man who was caring and loving. Hot Ticket is my favorite Erotic read of January. Highly recommended, add this to your HOT READS because believe me, you will very HOT by the time you are done with this book.