readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

Revealing Us (Inside Out Trilogy)

Revealing Us (Inside Out Trilogy) - Lisa Renee Jones **Originally posted @ SinfulReads Blog**

REVIEW: It doesn't come as a surprise that the Inside Out Trilogy has been a huge hit. Not many authors can write stories with such vivid plot and/or possess the knack & audacity to create characters that can leave a stamp in your mind and heart.

Revealing Us is the 3rd installment of the Inside Out Trilogy and the culmination of the love story that has been breaking us and putting us back together slowly, preparing us for what we finally see and didn't necessarily expected from Chris & Sara. We got to see the many stages of the story, the mystery behind Rebecca's disappearance, the mystery behind the Master and the realization that Rebecca's disappearance was the act of a mad woman. Revealing Us gives us not only the thrill we expected but more than we could've asked for.

What I loved about Revealing Us is how nicely the story flowed from Being Me. As Chris and Sara try to make the relationship work, other things keep playing out that could threaten their relationship. Chris's past can either break them or bring them closer together. I think that one of the most interesting factors about this series is that the author compels the reader to associate situations with every day things and people. While many have perhaps experience the annoyance of an ex-girlfriend and the uncertainly their presence carries, the author manages to create an intricate yet strong and vulnerable relationship between Chris and Sarah, giving us the the opportunity to experience their emotions.

I found both aspects of the story refreshing, Chris finality about bringing his demons out to the open and having Sara decide if she wants in, and Sara inability to use Chris's past against him making her unable to turn her back on him. Her acceptance made her character stronger and more human in my eyes, while teaching the reader that one must not always use a person's past to judge their present and of that their future.

While I am not entirely ready to let this story go, I was also quite happy to see new characters being introduced, giving me the impression there is a lot more to come from these characters. Lisa Renee Jones has managed to create a compelling, engrossing and quite believable story of passion, murder, sex and love where characters have dark pasts that define and threatens their future but where passion, lust and sex is border line dangerous. These characters filled us with pride, anger, lust and love and that's perhaps the intention of every story written, however not many authors can be as compelling and smart on their execution. I really loved this book and I am hopeful we get more, I am not ready to let it go just yet.