readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

The Summons

The Summons - Shona Husk ~~* Originally posted @ ReadingDiva's Blog Rating: 3.5 of 5 *~~

When I came across The Goblin King Prequel I was quite excited to start. I am so glad I did. I totally got hooked on this story. It is different; it is engaging and totally great. The Goblin King Prequel is the introduction to the story, it gives a background and set the ground for what’s to come next.

I enjoyed because it is different from what I have been reading lately. This is the story of Eliza a teenage girl who called/summon on the Goblin out of desperate need after remembering her mother telling her stories about it. The Goblin King “Roan” was once human but after a curse he was forced to live in the Shadowlands.

When you have settings such as the Summerland which is a place of good and beauty, and you get introduced to its appositive the Shadowlands or place of darkness and evil, you can’t be help but look forward to the next book.

There is not much left to say but to recommend it. This is a short and great introduction to a great story, one that promises love, redemption and trust.

3 ♥ ♥ ♥ ½