readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

The Unsacred Gift

The Unsacred Gift - C.S. Dorsey ** Originally posted @ ReadingDiva's Blog - 3 of 5

REVIEW: The Unsacred Gift is an intriguing story. I had a hard time trying to figure it out what to say about it. The concept and story are interesting. Sissy is a 20 something college girl with an unusual gift, she can see people’s death. Once she comes in contact with a person, once someone touches her she falls into a trance and is able to see the details of the person’s death. Her ability makes her stay away from the people she loves and she avoids to get in contact with people at all cost.

I am not sure how I still feel about this book, as I mentioned before the concept is interesting I just felt it wasn’t well executed. I was also a bit distracted by the author writing style. The main character Sissy, though she is a 26 year old woman acts as if she was 15. She hasn’t seen her mother and family in 4 years, and though she misses them, she can’t wait to get away from them. She closes up herself to those she loves and refuses to accept what happens to her.

Sissy’s interaction and dialogue feels a bit force, though I understand the struggles the character refuses to connect with the people she loves. The story misses a few things, Sissy is able to see a person’s death with just a touch of their hand, but it seems the “gift” doesn’t work with everyone since she comes in contact with her mother, cousins, step father and boyfriend and nothing happens. I am not sure if this was done on purpose of if the author missed that small detail.

The Unsacred Gift is an interesting read; I found a lot of similarities to movies such as “The Others” & “Six Sense”. It has an interesting end, somewhat unexpected yet somewhat predictable.