readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

The Lost Prince

The Lost Prince - Julie Kagawa *** Originally Posted @ ReadingDiva's Blog - Rating 4.5 of 5

REVIEW: I became a fan of Julie Kagawa from the moment I read The Immortal Rules. What I didn’t know was that The Lost Prince – Iron Fey series was such a delightful read. I am totally in-love with her stories and characters. As many of you may already know, I am not a big fan of YA since a lot of the characters and stories seem to fall under the same category (boring and whining teenagers who complain a lot).

I am glad Julie Kagawa has change the way I view YA and it has made of me a believer of YA Fantasy. The Lost Prince is a great read and one that will open your eyes to the world of Fantasy and Magic. This is the first book of The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten Series and one I am sure will be as popular as her other books ( Iron Fey Series: Iron King / Queen). Julie Kagawa has an awesome and very imaginative way of world creation. The fae and faeries were never something I was interested in reading about, but now I am hooked.

The plot is quite catchy and entertaining from the moment you start reading. Her knack for writing a great introduction is what drove me to keep reading. The story is filled with great characters and a very descriptive and entertaining plot. The story is told from Ethan’s POV. Ethan is Meghan’s brother and we get to see and experience the world of the Fae as he sees it. I couldn’t help but feel enthralled by the descriptions, the poetic beauty of the Fae and the evil that can be hidden behind such beauty. Julie Kagawa imagination is limitless; she has created a world in which humans and fantasy can coexist but not without tremendous consequences.

Ethan Chase has been part of that world, but he doesn’t have to accept it. Ethan’s character is mature beyond his years. I like how he handles his “gift” and how he fights to control what seems to be always out of control – his life. It is during his struggles to control his life that he meets McKenzie. McKenzie is a stubborn, high spirited teenager who never takes No for an answer. Her pushy and strong personality gets under Ethan’s skin more than he liked to admit. It is that way that a friendship starts to develop. I enjoy how well and in tuned McKinzie’s character was. She is definitely a spunky, strong willed young woman who knows that to get what you want you must go after it, that to see the world you have to open your eyes to it. Readers will love her and her attitude.

The Lost Prince is an awesome read and a fantastic addition to the Iron Fay stories and characters. Julie Kagawa is a gifted author, capable of creating fantastic stories with unique characters that are able to transport anyone to the world that we have long forgotten, a world of fantasy and magic.

I highly recommend The Lost Prince. The plot will entertain you tremendously, and the characters will make you want to be part of their world. Be ready to be surprised, to laugh and to cry, this story has it all.