readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

All In

All In - Raine Miller ** Originally posted @ SinfulReads

REVIEW:When I saw Raine Miller had release book #2 of The Blackstone Affair series I pretty much dropped everything to read All In instead. Of course I was over excited because All In is Ethan’s POV. If you have already read book 1 of the series then you will know that Ethan is just crazy in-love with Brynne and I was dying to “see” what was going in his brain at the moment of the breakup.

In All In we have the opportunity to find out, the book starts right off where Naked ends, when Brynne leaves Ethan standing by the elevator after their breakup. Ethan’s reaction was of sorrow and desperation and I was excited to see he wasn’t ready to give up on his love for Brynne and the relationship. Ethan knows that if he wants to get his American girl back he must do whatever necessary to gain her trust and he decides that the best way to get there is through honesty.

I enjoyed All In just not as much as I enjoyed Naked. Ethan’s point of view left me with the impression that for him, Brynne was his way to amazing sex. Yes, he loves her and he wants her back but I was left thinking that what brought him closer to Brynne is the sex and her broken soul.

She was remembering too. Some things between us might be fucked up right now, but in the sex department we were solid.

In All In, the relationship starts to develop more, Brynne past comes to hunt her and the unexpected happens. All In brings to the table Brynne past, there is a confession and the secrets are all revealed, we get to see a very vulnerable Brynne and a very understanding and protective Ethan. I am thrilled at the introduction of new characters. All In is good but not as good as Naked. Raine Miller brings sexy back with the new characters, I am looking forward to see what roles the new characters play. Yes, I expect a lot more drama after the “bomb” scare and well, I am looking forward to the “bomb” Brynne will drop on Ethan on the next book.

There is sex and plenty of it, hot and steamy scenes. Ethan is a sexual man and doesn’t waste anytime once he gets his American girl back. The bathroom scene was hot to say the least, Ethan Blackstone isn’t shy when it comes to sex.

Absolute perfection. “Yes you are, and I aim to, baby. Pleasing you, pleases me.”

As the stuff spilled out of me and up into her. I told her again.
“I…love…you…”

I looked into her eyes, at the mirror when I said it.

Of course not everything about the book is as great, there are some “awkward” moments in the book “Simba” the fish was one of them. I am still trying to wrap my head around that, not sure what that was all about. But other than that the book is a nice glimpse into the world of a man’s brain. I am looking forward to book 3, I can’t wait to get more from Ethan’s cousin (Ivan Everley) and Brynne’s friend (Gabrielle) which I am almost certain will play a big role in book 3