readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

The Secret of Ella and Micha

The Secret of Ella and Micha - Jessica Sorensen ***Originally posted @ ReadingDiva's Blog - Rating 4.5 of 5

REVIEW: When I finally decided to read this book I wasn’t sure what to expect. The idea of reading another NA book after reading Beautiful Disaster left me incredulous that I would be able to find anything as good. Jessica Sorensen proved me wrong.

Behind every great story there are even greater characters and that’s the case with The Secret of Ella & Micha. This is a beautiful story of love and self-preservation, discovery and trust. Though some may argue that these types of relationships do not exist I think it is important to point out that throughout our lives we meet people who make a big impact in our lives, with whom we may or may not fall in love and with whom we choose to share things in life. In the case of The Secret of Ella & Micha, the story not only felt real, it also felt credible. What I found in the pages of The Secret of Ella & Micha is a heartfelt story between two best friends who find the answer to their life troubles on each other. Many people are lucky enough to find a life partner in their friends, perhaps not with the same troublesome and dramatic past but perhaps with the same intensity.

Though I don’t necessarily think some of the problems presented in the story were handled in the most mature way by the characters I do think it is in many ways acceptable to be afraid and angry. I enjoyed how well throughout this story was. The story goes from heartbreaking situations to reckless experiences that make these character come closer. I think that many of us at a given time had a lot in common with Ella & Micha, perhaps not through the same heart breaking situations but through the small moments we get to share with the friends we love and care for.

I like this story not only because it is easy to relate to the characters but because the story itself seems as being told by someone who experienced it, who lived it…who suffered it. The author did a fantastic job creating characters that felt real and were easy to like. This story was crafted with human emotions in mind where the mind was at times overtaken by the heart and where friendship and love were almost one and the same. I think there is an Ella & Micha in all of us, our need to have someone to love, someone to cherish is definitely a feeling that though it doesn’t come often, it exist. I am looking forward to reading the 2nd book because I want to see how far Ella & Micha’s love adventure takes them…do I hear bells?