readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

Truth

Truth - Aleatha Romig **Originally Posted @ SinfulReads Blog - Rating 4.5 of 5

REVIEW: If you have read Consequences then you will understand where my excitement and praises come from. Not only was I blown away by the quality of the writing in this book but I was also compelled by the cruel, twisted and desperate reality that some of these characters live through. If you thought you had enough of Anthony Rawlings in Consequences then you may not be ready for what readers will find in Truth.

I have a love/hate relationship with some of the characters but I admit that most times I am in-love with them. The frantic search for the truth and the power-play between Antony & Claire is perhaps one of the things I enjoyed the most. Truth & Consequences are unlike any other story I have read in the past. The complex and convoluted plot starts in Consequences and it nicely flows onto Truth. Antony Rawlings has set a path for Claire's future and as we saw in Consequences his wrath, his desire and his need for Claire's is most times one and the same.

What I find most wonderful is how Aleatha Romig put together a story that will bring out all sort of reactions. Some may hate it while others will love it. While the subject is dark and perhaps at times offensive I think it was beautifully done. This is a multilevel type of drama, on one level you have the deceit, a man who promises the world yet takes it away in a matter of a moment, then you have that same man on another level who promises love and fulfill every desire and erotic fantasy and who is able to bring Claire to new heights, then you have that same man on a whole different level whose past hunts him and forces him to be ruthless and unforgiving. While you see the many facets of Antony Rawlings it is at times difficult to like him. But under all that hard and almost indestructible fa├žade there is a man who cares, who loves deeply and who is willing to accept defeat in the name of love. While I expected a lot more from Claire's vendetta against Tony, I also understood her nature, a person who couldn't do harm and who always believe in seeing the good in people, a woman who believe in second chances and who is willing to love at all cost. There is not a dull moment in Truth, the twists and turns created by the author adds depth to this story.

The is a lot more to say about this book, but it would be unfair to get into details and ruin it for those who haven't had the pleasure of reading it yet. Do not expect a flat & dull type of plot, or your regular & typical type of romance. There is nothing typical about this book and series. While you have all the aspects of a hot and steamy romance you also have the unpredictability of a complex plot and multilevel characters. Where love can be use as a tool for pain and where sex takes you to a new high. I can't recommend this book enough. This is a dark, edgy and a complex story that will make you question, deny and forgive these characters all at the same time. Fantastic isn't the best word to describe this story. Read it, savor it and enjoy it because there is not another series like it the revelation of the Truth will surprise you.