readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

Slow Surrender

Slow Surrender - Cecilia Tan **Originally posted @SinfulReads Blog

REVIEW: Rich, beautiful, sexy, dominant, mysterious and broken, that’s James. His money gets him seclusion, his lifestyle buys him dominance and pain . He wants to keep past hidden, his secret hides more than pain, it hides the real him. That’s James, and why do I like him? Because he has been hurt, he has trust issues and because he is mysteriously sexy and seductive. Slow Surrender is the story of James and Karina, two very different people who have had their share of pain and drama. Some stories take you deep into the minds and feelings of some characters, Slow Surrender does that. The plot of the story is interesting and one we may have not seen before. While I like beautiful broken men with awesome sex-appeal I also like women with strong personalities and minds of their own. Slow Surrender transport us into the world of James, a man who keeps his name, persona and life hidden from the public eye and Karina.

The plot is entertaining and enticing. Slow Surrender brings us a man whose past has set up a plan for his future but one that seem to have gotten out of control. While James find himself having to lie about who he really is, his intentions and relationship with Karina as well as his plan for them take a turn for the worse where he is left exposed and vulnerable.

Karina is an art major student trying to figure out her next step in life when she finds herself meeting the mysterious James. Though at first their interaction doesn’t seem like much soon she would get to experience something she has never thought possible before. James opens Karina’s eyes to exciting and sinful experiences where her body, her heart and soul are consumed with pleasure.

I like how well the story flows, the dialog between these two characters is easy, sexy and quite sensual. His demands, commands and his surprises kept me glue to the pages. I too was looking forward to his next call and message, to his next invitation and to his dominating ways. James is sexy and all around sensual. What makes him even more interesting is his mysterious past, or perhaps his not so mysterious life style. I enjoyed the book because I think both characters though were flawed were also refreshing and unique. I think this is a good start to a series, it has the ingredients necessary to make it sinfully delicious. It has sex (hot sex), it has drama, a mysterious man with trust issues and a female heroine who doesn’t take rejection well and does anything necessary to find the man who has stolen her heart and soul. I am looking forward to reading the next book, I am eager to see how Karina’s trip to the UK goes and what is in store for her.

Cecilia Tan is an author you want to keep an eye on and add Slow Surrender to your reading pile, you will not regret it. When is it OK for a man to lie?