readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

Wicked Beat

Wicked Beat - Olivia Cunning ***Originally posted @ SinfulReads Blog

REVIEW: Whenever I see an Olivia Cunning book available for grabs in NetGalley I can’t help but get all giddy. I mean how can you not? The members of the Sinners band are the hottest and the sweetest. I have read the last 3 book of the Sinners on Tour and I was looking forward to Eric’s story.

Though we don’t usually see much of Eric in the other stores he is always there, in the background. I have come to like his jokes, and his awesome personality. In this book we get to know Eric in a more deep and intimate level. He is smart, funny, silly, a prankster, a joker and a great lover, what he has been missing is just love.

What differentiate Wicked Beat from the others in the series is how Olivia gets into Eric’s head and is able to give us a glimpse into the man’s insecurities, feelings and heart. I like how nicely developed his character was in this book, from the first page to the last, Eric proved to be one of the most sensitive, loving and sexiest of the Sinners. Don’t get me wrong, I still think Trey is the hottest and Seb too, but the quality of Eric’s character is just different.

I liked the ‘heroine” chosen for Eric. I think she is exactly what I would’ve imagine him to end up with. Just like him she is funny, adorable, sweet and in need of a lot of love. Together these two embark into an exciting adventure of rediscovery, sexual awakening and commitment. I think there is no way I would’ve imagine Eric to be such a sexual being. Yes we know him to have participated in menage with the guys and was sort of normal to witness him watching the guys having sex but from that to being this sexual animal he ended up being I was quite happy about it. I think Rebekah was exactly what this story needed. Her spunky personality made the story fun.

Even though the story had a lot of things I loved about it I also felt there was a lot of things used to just fill it up. I am not sure why but Trey seems to be involved in everyone’s life. I love his character, one of my favorites actually, perhaps because he is a true sinner (the man humps anything he finds) but also because I think he represents in my eyes what a real life rocker would be like. I admit to have laughed out loud while reading this book, the jokes, the flirting, the sex were awesome. The drama was nicely thought out.

Overall, Wicked Beat was a great story, filled with tons of steamy and detailed sex, with funny moments and situations that make us all want to have our own Eric. Olivia Cunning proved to be one of the best erotic rock band authors out there, her skills surpass many of those seasoned writers. Great work I highly recommend it. I can’t wait to read what’s next for the Sinners On Tour.