readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

The Angels Are Here

The Angels Are Here - Patti Roberts Whoa, talk about complexity and awesomeness. I came across this book a while ago but I recently decided to give it a try and I am quite happy I did. The result is this review. I struggled a bit trying to come up with the right words to describe how much I enjoyed it.

The world Patti Roberts has created is different from any other paranormal/fantasy book I read. We are introduced to a variety of stories/flash backs that somehow all relate to one another. Patti’s take on angels & vampires is unique; her creativity is what I find most refreshing.

The characters are complex, unique & powerful, yet they are able to experience emotions and situations that one can easily relate to. The drama, the power-hungry villain and the deception are just some of the things that make this story amazing. The story feels believable, the characters interaction is well-played and their nature well explained.

Mrs. Roberts is able to bring unexpected reactions and emotions from readers, I felt compelled to finish the book, I just couldn’t put it down. The mix of human emotions and the paranormal effect makes this a great introduction to what I think will be one of a kind series.

Paradox: The Angels Are Coming is complex, unique, emotional and fascinating. It certainly leaves you looking forward to book #2.

Original review here.