readingdiva

ReadingDiva's Blog

If I Were You

If I Were You - Lisa Renee Jones ** Originally Posted @ SinfulReads Blog - Rating 4.5 of 5

Review: If I Were You is book one of the Inside Out Trilogy. It is intriguing, suspenseful & sexy and one of those stories you start reading and suddenly you feel like you can’t let go.

The plot is one that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The story develops easily and it flows naturally. The suspense does not feel forced and one is able to enjoy the bits of uncertainly that flows throughout the story.

I enjoyed how well thought out the story was and how well the characters fit in the story. Sara is a school teacher who lives a quiet and fairly boring life until her friend leaves a journal at her apartment and she starts reading it.

From the moment Sara starts reading the journal, the story takes a new spin and it turns into a beautifully written, deeply suspenseful story that you will not be able to put down. Add to that, sexy characters and what you get as a result is If I Were You. I can’t say how much I enjoy this book. Well done author Lisa Renee Jones.

The characters were engaging, witty and quite sexy. Their development was nicely throughout and felt almost real. Sara was innocent however not to the point where it would’ve been ridiculous. Chris is likeable and sexy. There isn’t anything you wouldn’t want to do to this man; he is passionate, considerate and sexual. The attraction between them was a lot more than just physical, their need and desires came from deeply inside, where heart, feelings and understanding can form a stronger bond than that of the flesh. There is nothing 50 Shades about If I Were You.

The sex scenes were nicely done, tasteful and quite hot. Though Sara is reluctant to submitting, she wasn’t afraid to experience Chris’s desires while keeping in check her limits. Chris, even though he was battling inside demons wasn’t afraid to show his feelings for Sara while making sure she couldn’t deny her attraction and need for him.

Even the enigmatic, sexy, rich and dangerous Mark added spice to this hot & satisfying read. His arrogant demeanor and controlling attitude add complexity to his character and suspense to the story. One don’t know if he is a good or a bad guy and that drove me to like him even more. I can’t wait to read more about him. He didn’t get enough action, I am hopeful the next book gives him the attention he deserves.

The need to know can easily turn obsessive not only for Sara but for the reader as well. I was almost biting my nail at some point. Great read.